QHA Licensees' Meetings
The Queensland Hotels Association is committed to ensuring that QHA members, hotel owners, and hotel managers in suburban, rural and regional Queensland areas continue to gain access to informative industry Forums.
In line with this principle, the QHA has organised a number of Regional Licensees' Meetings throughout each year, held at locations right around Queensland, where you will have access to QHA Partners, senior representatives from official government departments and other relevant information bodies, as well members of the QHA Executive Committee and QHA staff.
LICENSEES' MEETING DATES & LOCATIONS
Click HERE to download the QHA 2017 Events Calendar
Licensees' Meeting highlights:
UPDATE ON GAMING ISSUES
- 40 to 45 EGMs in hotels
- Gaming tax reductions
- Timelines for changes
- Application process – more than 40 EGMs
- Wilkie proposals and pre-commitment update
- Two-up on ANZAC Day
- AUSTRAC program changes and desk audits (incl. annual returns and independent reviews)
LIQUOR COMPLIANCE MATTERS
- New trading conditions and lock out legislation
- Approved Manager requirements
- Advertising drink promotions
- One-off applications for extended trading hours
IR AND FAIR WORK PRESENTATION
(QHA Employment Relations staff will be in attendance at some meetings)
- Latest Employment Relations trends
- Unfair dismissal trends
- Legislative Review (incl. Fair Work Act)
QHA Partners attend the Meetings and have the opportunity to present on the goods and services they provide. QHA Partners can also meet one-on-one with attendees to provide specific advice or options as required. QHA Partners are very important to the success of the Association and the wider licensed industry, and these Meetings are a great way to do business in a one-stop-shop setting.
QHA MEMBERSHIP & MARKETING ISSUES
- Liquor Accord activities
- Q&A and local issues
For more information about the QHA Licensees' Meetings, please contact QHA on 07 3221 6999.